Monday, June 14, 2010

Furled leaders

last month after a few years of thinking about furled leaders I was looking through eBay and thought about buying some and wondered really what was involved in creating one instead of having to pay 10 bucks and sit and wait for the mail man so I started with YouTube and searched and found one video in particular that made it a snap to do. I finally used one last night made from 30lb mono and use a 20lb tippet and a Southbend Invisileader which is a 36lb ultra strong, ultra thin wire with a good snap lock for changing hooks quickly and had alot of success in the Walleye department and never really had a chance to chuck the real heavy flies to test the turn over. really excited about the potential, I was never really content with my leader set up but think I may be onto something more permanent.

No comments: